Interested in becoming a volunteer coach at The First Tee of West Michigan? You do not need to be an excellent golfer – just to be able to have a good time and care for young people. Follow these simple steps to become a volunteer coach:
- Take a look at the schedule below.
- Each row represents a six-class session (12-hour volunteer commitment) that needs coaches.
- Sessions are color-coded for need:
- Red = 3+ volunteer coaches needed
- Yellow = 2 volunteer coaches needed
- Green = 1 volunteer coach needed
- White = Currently no need for volunteer coaches
- Find a six-class session whose times align with your schedule
- As a coach, we ask that you commit to a six-class session
- Committing to six classes helps you build rapport with your class.
- Email email@example.com in order to take an online background screening serviced by NCSI.
- Background screening checks local and national databases.
- Screening costs $30 to the volunteer
- The First Tee of West Michigan receives a ‘green light’ or ‘red light’ based on the background screening.
- Go through our 15-minute online volunteer orientation, which can be sent by Program Director Taylor Haudek (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Arrive 15 minutes before class on the first day to get the scoop for your lesson!