Our two most well-used locations are open 4 nights a week from November through March!
- The Highlands (2715 Leonard St. NW, Grand Rapids)- Tuesday & Thursdays, 4:30-7:30 pm
- Fellowship Greens (3450 36th St. SE, Grand Rapids) – Mondays & Wednesdays, 4-6:30 pm
New Opportunities at Homework & Hitting in 2015!
Maple Hill GC
- Located in southwest Grand Rapids, Maple Hill hosted over 100 of our participants in 2015. Now, we’re partnering with them for their fantastic indoor facilities.
- Students in the Par, Birdie, or Eagle levels at The First Tee have access every Tuesday to one of two areas:
- Indoor simulator: Our participants are using two simulators, playing on a course on one, while working on their swing in the other.
- Heated hitting bays
- When the snow flies, our participants will still be able to hit outside in Maple Hill’s heated hitting bays.
- For more on this program, contact Program Director Nick Holtrop – email@example.com
This space is open to Par, Birdie, and Eagle participants every Friday afternoon throughout the winter. Coach Tom Koert partners with Nick Holtrop and Tyler Smies from The First Tee staff to provide swing instruction to up to 10 kids every Friday.
Heath & Fitness Series – sponsored by the McCahill Group
This five class series is working with 10 of our students throughout the winter. Students will learn strength and flexibility exercises that are specific to the game of golf. Series is led by supporter and coach Ryan McCahill in East Grand Rapids, MI.
First ever Muskegon Location!
In a special partnership, The First Tee of West Michigan has partnered up with the Boys & Girls Club of Muskegon Lakeshore to provide our first Homework & Hitting location in Muskegon.
Hosted at Nelson Elementary School (550 W. Grand Ave, Muskegon, MI), The First Tee is retrofitting an unused classroom with two hitting nets, and a variety of putting stations. This location will be open 3 hours a week on Wednesday evenings.