The First Tee of West Michigan is growing and is looking for a variety of skill sets for its team. Take a look below for the available positions.
Position posted 1/11/19 – Open until 2/10/19
Positions posted 1/11/19 – Open until 4/10/19
Note: College students looking for internship credits are encouraged to apply for the above coaching positions.
Relationship & Fundraising Coordinator
Position Posted: January 11, 2019
Apply Before: February 15, 2019
Salary/Wage: Full-time Hourly, commensurate with experience
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Job Category: Full-time employee
Relevant Work Experience: See Below
Career Level: 2+ years experience
Preferred Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Foundation and Chapter Overview
The Lake Michigan Junior Golf Association was established in December of 2006 to provide junior golf tournaments in West Michigan to all youth. In 2011, The Lake Michigan Junior Golf Association shifted its focus to establishing a chapter of The First Tee in West Michigan. On June 23, 2011, The First Tee of West Michigan officially became a chapter of The First Tee.
The First Tee of West Michigan is one of 150 chapters worldwide that are part of a global non-profit youth initiative. The First Tee was created in 1997 by the World Golf Foundation to use golf and character education to provide young people of all ethnic and economic backgrounds an opportunity to develop life-enhancing values such as honesty, integrity and sportsmanship. By engaging youth in a combination of life skills, leadership and golf activities, they are exposed to positive traits that will help them become valuable assets to their community and eventually achieve success in life. The First Tee Life Skills & Golf Experience is the unique component that sets The First Tee apart from many other successful junior golf programs.
At The First Tee of West Michigan, we are highly focused on reaching out to at-risk and disadvantaged youth. We want our participants to see the beauty of the golf course, learn the skills they need to succeed in life, and build relationships with those who care for their well-being. In 2018, we worked with more than 1,000 participants, and managing a nonprofit donor base of more than 1,100 active individuals.
This newly created position for our chapter will be charged with managing relationship leads and cultivating partnerships for volunteers, potential partners, current and future donors. Engagement in all areas of The First Tee of West Michigan from inquiries, meetings with members, communications with participants/parents, to coaching the children as well as participation in events. The ideal candidate for this position has outstanding communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, an optimistic ‘can do’ attitude, and is proactive and flexible. The ideal candidate has two years of development experience. A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, or Sports Management is preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Increasing, strengthening and diversifying the organization’s funding sources
- Donor development and cultivation
- Enhancing and strengthening the relationship between The First Tee and its families and volunteers
- Planning, organizing and directing fundraising activities
- Preparing accurate records, reports and maintaining fundraising, volunteer, and participant databases
- Participating in public speaking engagements on behalf of The First Tee and represent the agency at events, meetings, and conferences.
- Lead (Coach) The First Tee’s six-class sessions and various other parts of programming with students age 7-17.
- Create and deliver reports to Executive Director regarding volunteer, donor, and participant information.
- Send email and communicate via phone with various constituencies on a frequent basis.
- Maintain a clean and professional work environment at The First Tee of West Michigan
The following characteristics are necessary for success in this position:
- Strong use of the written English language, including grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Active listener
- High emotional IQ
- Not afraid of ‘the Ask’
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to type quickly and effectively (60 words per minute minimum)
- Computer savvy
- Comfortable learning online database systems
- Quickbooks, Donor Snap, G-Suite (Google), SalesForce, Slack all used with frequency
- A love for youth (age 7 to 17)
- High Integrity
- A servant heart
- High attention to detail
- Strong memory
- Ability to focus in a high-energy environment (open office)
- Personally Accountable
- Outcome driven
- Efficiency Seeker
- Mileage reimbursement for in-work travel
- 3% Simple IRA Match
- Flexibility of schedule
- Ability to work remotely semi-frequently
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to the following email: email@example.com
Contact: Tyler Smies, Executive Director
Website Address: www.thefirstteewestmichigan.org